• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just received confirmation of HSV1 (genital infection)

Hello Aries,

I too had a vaginal OB but on the outter lip area. I was certain it could have been hsv2 but doc confirmed it was hsv1. Which I was confused about because I know they say hsv1 is more on the oral area which I've never experienced cold sores. Are you taking any meds for the OB?

@roxoo820

Hi,

Yes I started taking valtrex last Tuesday around noon and by Friday night I was feeling much better.. sores almost totally healed by Saturday. I didn't have instant relief and my symptoms actually seemed to get worse for 1-2 days after starting meds but then it really kicked in! My outbreak was really bad. Probably close to twenty sores!