• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Initial Outbreak question

I'm new to this and a little confused... is the initial outbreak and flu-like symptoms from when the virus enters the body? Or does the "initial outbreak/flu" just signal the first flare of the virus? I'm assuming that it means when the virus enters the body.. not a trigger.

Thanks! :)

I had my first outbreak three weeks ago and had the most textbook symptoms of genital HSV-2 ever! Flu-like symptoms, muscle weakness, loss of appetite, developing sores, discharge - it was literally exactly what symptoms were listed everywhere. I'm not 100% sure about this information but I'm pretty sure that you would not get flu-like symptoms again on other outbreaks - consequential outbreaks are supposed to be a lot different/less severe than your initial outbreak.

I think that it signals the initial flare of the virus, but I could be wrong. That is, if you ever have the flu like symptoms at all. I didn't have those but I did have a swollen lymph node in my groin on the side my outbreak was on. My IgG test was positive so I've carried the virus for an unknown amount of time but didn't get diagnosed until I had that outbreak.