• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

first time disclosing #success

So I've knowingly been living with HSV2 for a couple months and I met an amazing guy, we have a ton in common and have talked about dating seriously really getting to know each other and hopefully one day being married. Every thing I've ever asked for in a person is what I've found in him. I disclosed to him via text because I felt more comfortable that way being able to write it out really having him know what I wanted to say with out breaking down in person or completely forgetting half of my "important points" I sent it and it literally couldn't have gone better in my wildest dreams!!! He was understanding, asked questions I told him to look through this website for real advice and information. He was appreciative that I disclosed before becoming intimate and said he could tell I was holding back and knew there was something I needed to tell him when we have hung out. It's all fairly new to me and I am so excited that there are people who can look past this stigma. He told me if I was what he was looking for in a person to share his life with that this made absolutely no difference in his opinion about me and that he wanted to move forward! I've learned that if you can accept yourself you will attract the right person to accept you as well , we must be kind to ourselves and if you have negative energy towards it you will also attract people who feel the same about it. Every one on here deserves happiness and if someone can't accept this and look beyond this would you even want someone like that in your life? I know I wouldn't.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Abv0707 Thanks for sharing! This is great to hear and I agree strongly with your post. I'm glad there is hope and goodness out there! I've tried to remind myself since I was diagnosed that this virus doesn't change who I am as a person. If anything, I'm hoping it will make me more stronger, confident, and recognize what I truly deserve and want in a partner.

• 5 months later...