• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tingling but no bumps

I have never had an outbreak but i am positive for hsv2. Obviously i have researched a ton and know what feelings are likely to come before an outbreak. For a few weeks now ive been feeling the tingling sensation and burning off and on but have never had any visible bumps. Is it common to have these sensations but never experience an outbreak?

I think one of the challenges with herpes, and diseases in general, is that what is normal for me may never be normal for you. It's still good to ask these questions because you get people sharing insight and maybe you'll find a lot of people in your same situation. But don't be surprised if you hear people say that there are an infinite amount of ways that herpes will manifest for different people.

Anyways, if I had to take a guess, maybe the virus is trying to show up on your skin but your immune system is going a pretty good job keeping it at bay.

You'll find some people on anti-virals like Valtrex will have tingling but not other visible symptoms, but it sounds like you aren't on suppressive meds.

Nope, no suppressives.

That definitely makes sense. Hopefully my body keeps it under control. Honestly, the tingling feeling doesn't bother me at all, I just don't want to experience the painful lesions. Thank you for your response!