• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I am wondering if i am experiencing a herpes primary outbreak on the cervix

I went for a swab due to having lower back pain and stomach pain. I initially thought that I was having a uti but when my urine was clean they decided to give a swab. The ER dr noticed an inflamed cervix that was very red. She did not see any lesions

She told me I tested negative for all STIS including BV. She says the discharge is. Coming fromy cervix and can possibly be a bacteria that they haven't picked up. She gave me a doxy shot and prescribe Flagyl to kill the bacteria

I am wondering is it possible to experience these symptoms of herpes without having lesions. I was diagnosed witj cervicitis and from what I researched this is caused by STIs. I did not test for herpes which is the only sti left that causes this.

I went to the doctor because I had some slight burning. I also had excessive watery discharge, but I didn't relate it to anything because I was overseas with no AC (extremely hot). I thought I had BV.

The NP told me that my cervix was slightly inflamed and she didn't see any visible lesions. She recommend tests for STIs, but didn't think I had anything. (eyeroll)

The NP called the first time and told me my results were negative, but called me back later the same day and told me I was positive due to my igM number (1.11). Two weeks later my IgM number increased to 1.26. However, my IGG antibodies haven't yet formed and were even lower due to Valtrex.

Have you had unprotected sex/oral recently?

I'd certainly go get a blood test from your doctor. However, if you had a recent exposure, you could be like me... waiting in limbo. It can take up to 16 weeks for the results to turn positive.

I'd get tested to be sure.

I've read, your first outbreak is usually within 2-10 days of acquiring the virus.

If it has been three months since you have had sex, you might show some IGG antibodies.

You're the first person I have read on this forum that has symptoms similar to mine.

However, I haven't been confirmed because of my IgG antibodies. I've read that IgM are unreliable. However, I'm not feeling to confident since my IgM numbers increased.

Hoping for the best for you! ((hugs))

I can't pin point when it started. if I had to guess I'd say over 3/4 weeks, until I got medication.

She originally gave me oral medication for BV. There were days, I felt completely normal and then days, I say, it's back. After she called and told me I was positive she prescribed me 1gm of Valtrax for 10 days.

Like you, when she observed me, she didn't find any lesions. She only found my cervix was irritated and inflamed.

I can't recall which medication I was taking , but one night I was laying in bed and I felt EXTREME sharp pain in my stomach. I only had it once.

Mine sounds almost exactly like your symptoms with the exception of the time frame. However,my tests results show positive and I was given the medication for that result.

I also have read other people, like yourself, find they are having a long lasting symptoms or recurrent outbreaks.

Do you ever feel "normal" ?

How long have you been taking the antibiotic? I guess I would be concerned, if it hasn't cleared and you finished your antibiotic.

I can't pin point when it started. if I had to guess I'd say over 3/4 weeks, until I got medication.

She originally gave me oral medication for BV. There were days, I felt completely normal and then days, I say, it's back. After she called and told me I was positive she prescribed me 1gm of Valtrax for 10 days.

Like you, when she observed me, she didn't find any lesions. She only found my cervix was irritated and inflamed.

I can't recall which medication I was taking , but one night I was laying in bed and I felt EXTREME sharp pain in my stomach. I only had it once.

Mine sounds almost exactly like your symptoms with the exception of the time frame. However,my tests results show positive and I was given the medication for that result.

I also have read other people, like yourself, find they are having a long lasting symptoms or recurrent outbreaks.

Do you ever feel "normal" ?

How long have you been taking the antibiotic? I guess I would be concerned, if it hasn't cleared and you finished your antibiotic.

And also I've been reading expert opinions and I've read where herpes symptoms that last out for 3-4 weeks is a strong suggestion of no herpes

Yes, You're right. IgM only indicates that I have a current herpes infection. It can take up to 16 weeks for the IgG results to become positive, since the exposure.

I had symptoms for 3/4 weeks, but valtrex helps reduce symptoms and shortens the OB time.

I will be having my 3rd retest at the beginning of September.

No symptoms currently, probably due to the Valtrax. It suppresses the virus.

You can search if they can do a swab on the cervix. However, when she swabbed me it only tested for other STI's.

The blood test is the most accurate for Herpes.

Initially , I wasn't. She didn't prescribe Valtrex till my result came back positive.

The second test, I was still on 1MG of Valtrex.

Now, I'm on suppressive therapy at 500mg daily.

I want to reduce the risk of passing this on to my family, especially my child.

I'd go ahead and ask the OBGYN for Valtrex. It wouldn't hurt.

My child has gotten a cold, I can feel it coming on. So my immune system must lowered. I'm about to see if I have a outbreak, or I could never know since mine could be internal.

Plus, I'm curious is mine is also oral. I haven't show any signs, but that doesn't mean I don't have it. :(