• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Wheelies for the herp-ies!

Hey all.

So about 2 weeks ago, I could have sworn my life was ending. I was in a great deal of pain and before being diagnosed by a doctor, I internet diagnosed myself (not always the smartest decision) with herpes type 2 aka genital herpes. I have never wanted the internet to be so wrong in my life. It's been a hard go. My first outbreak was a rough one. Full fever and flu like symptoms to not being able to pee due to the insane stinging on the inside of my vagina. It has since cleared up, and ive resumed my regular activities.

I ride motorcycles. Hence the title to this discussion. The old bike saying "Wheelies for the feelies" has now been remodeled for my semi humorous personality and a cheesy attempt to bring light to a crappy situation. Anyone else ride bikes on here?

I'm from the east coast of Canada. It's beautiful here. We have great beer and great people.

Right now, I'm trying to learn how to live and accept herpes. I'm single, I did have a big crush on the guy who gave me herpes just recently but since all this happened, things haven't been the same. He completely ignores the fact he gave me herpes and when I told him I was diagnosed he called me some very mean words that hurt me. We still talk, but I can't look at him the same just thinking about what he did to me and what he called me. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

One more thing, since we both have herpes, I have had sex since my first outbreak only once and I feel a little itchy. Is this normal? Maybe I haven't completely cleared up yet. Who knows. Any advice appreciated.

Luckily, there's not much to learn because herpes isn't a big deal.

Just make sure you communicate to your partners that you have it and move forward with having a good life.

Also, first outbreak tends to be the worst for most people, and herpes symptoms usually lighten up dramatically after that or disappear all together after some time.

Maybe get some Valtrex to calm it down.

Luckily, there's not much to learn because herpes isn't a big deal.

Just make sure you communicate to your partners that you have it and move forward with having a good life.

Also, first outbreak tends to be the worst for most people, and herpes symptoms usually lighten up dramatically after that or disappear all together after some time.

Maybe get some Valtrex to calm it down.

Thanks for your Reply! I was on valtrex prescribed by my doctor. For my first outbreak they gave me the 500mg 2 pills 2x a day for 10 days. They gave me tons extra too with a dose of 500mg 1 pill 2x a day for 3 days. Is this the most common dose? I just finished my first big intake of them.

I'm not a motorcyclist (mainly due to money lol) but I ride bikes everyday! During an outbreak is not recommended..... I bike 5 miles to work everyday and good lord it hurt my vag... But, idk I really just think herpes is so overhyped... like it really is just an once in awhile nuisance. I do think dating will be hard though since I feel like ppl will see me as dirty or whatever, but that's honestly so sad that society does that because... literally could happen to anyone just depends on risk... even condoms dont fully protect from it only some. Anyway, I'm here if ya ever want to chat!