• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I made a huge mistake and could really use some advise.

Hi, this is my first post. I need some help and healing advice. I have been single for about 2 years now and the only dating I have done or the short lived 4 month relationship I had, have come from a H dating site. If I did get hit on by a guy outside of the site, I would give it a try and then push them away without any real reason other than I didn't want to have the talk, or feel the rejection. I met someone shortly after my ex and I broke up. We went out on a date and hung out a couple times, the min. he tried to have sex with me I shut him down and started pushing him away and finding all the wrong in everything he did. We stopped talking but stayed in contact, we worked together sometimes so we would run into each other from time to time. So fast forward almost 2 years later and we saw eachother several times in a row and decided to make an effort to keep in contact and see what happens. We decided to hang out and I told myself I was going to tell him tonight! Then we started drinking and i had one too many I guess or maybe I got scared or maybe I just didn't care at the time. So we had sex, we used protection but, now I don't know what to do. My first thought is to run away, to lie, to hide away and never talk to him or anyone ever again. I am so ashamed and I feel so terrible. My ex took my choice away from me and I can't believe I would do that to someone else and someone that I really do care about period! We are supposed to go to the lake next week and I really don't know what the hell to do. I already have suffered with severe depression and anxiety attacks from having this and the abuse from my ex. I'm not making that an excuse for my actions, I am really struggling and trying so hard to just be able to be honest with him and tell him that I made a huge mistake and how I regret it. I also am trying not to drown myself in my own feelings of worthless due to all of this! I could really use some help.......

Well, if you continue to see him, tell him! Don't over dramatize the situation or else he will freak. You used protection and assuming there was no ob, the chance of transmission is minimal and even more so if you are on meds. Just explain your situation just as you did here. Be confident!

• 1 month later...

So the situation above that I wrote about didn't work out. So I decided to never let myself get to that point again. I did get the chance to tell someone tho recently and we weren't even in a situation that I really needed to. I just came out and said it with some pride and power. He said that's not a big deal and it's something that could be worked around. Now we haven't went out since then but I'm ok with that. I said it and I'm proud about it! If I never see him again that just means he wasn't the one for me.