• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out!

Ooooof I had the same paranoia of getting it everywhere. I would constantly be checking out my lady bit area, then mistakenly move my hand to my mouth or somewhere. "Oh no, did I just transmit it to my mouth?!" I'd think. I even lost a whole day in Mykonos worrying about my eye (cue eye roll)

Two years later, guess what? It's still only in my nether region.

Here's some tips to give yourself PEACE OF MIND (because self inoculation is really, really, really rare)

Start a process that you know will prevent you from touching your outbreak and followed by another area where it could spread. I would just dry off my whole body, and then at the end, towel off my butt/vaginal area. No need for separate towels!

Wash your hands after using the bathroom (duh, but if I was in my own apartment, I wouldn't always do this haha)

If you must touch yourself to inspect the area (I was really bad at this), just be thoughtful and wash your hands after

Don't bite your cuticles (also just good hygiene, I was so bad at this before)

That's it. It's just common sense and good hygiene really. Wash your hands is the lesson, and know that it is extremely extremely rare, and I would have sworn I'd self inoculated like 10 times.

Yeah when I get out the shower, I dry my body then I dry down there. I've been using a new towel every time I shower. So paranoid lol. I've been washing my hands constantly. Sleeping with no pants on and just trying to keep it dry down there. But it's hard when I'm at work. I've always had a discharge so it gets moist down there sometimes... it's day 2 on valtrex. I just want this shit to clear up! Lol