• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

To tell or not to tell???

After being diagnosed I spoke with my dr. And she said I didn't need to disclose anything to anyone unless I wanted and that if I just didn't have sex while having an outbreak I should be ok because most people have this virus... I can't morally agree with this I wouldn't be able to just flat out live a lie what do you guys think?

@Abv0707 Going on what you've said, it seems to me that you have a certain level of integrity that makes it feel wrong to *not* disclose to someone before sex. Then there's some fear around disclosing, hence your seeking of others' opinions on what your doctor said. I could be way off base, that's just how it seems to me. Personally, I've been in a situation where I didn't disclose and it ate away at my conscience for a long time. It also took me a long time to forgive myself for that. (Even though he didn't contract HSV.) So in your case, I say consider the ramifications of not disclosing, and weigh that against facing the fear, disclosing, and the feeling of confidence after doing so, regardless of acceptance or rejection. After my experience of not disclosing, I've spent a good amount of time single, developing some self-love, and self-acceptance. I thought I was doing well, until recently I've begun getting to know someone that I might really like. I *will* disclose if/when it comes to that, but I'm taking my time getting to know this person (something I've not done so much in the past...). The thought of disclosing does cause me a massive amount of anxiety, but I know I can and will when the time comes, and I will survive it. :) I hope you follow your inner guidance on this, and don't allow fear to outweigh your integrity. (((hugs)))