• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need moral advice!!!

Hey Guys,

I'm new here and need some advice. I am very suspicious that I've caught herpes. After having unprotected sex with a woman I got a painful red mark on the tip of my penis. At first I thought that I must have fallen asleep with an erection and injured myself on my zipper. So I kept an eye on it and it slowly began to heal. After two weeks, I had protected sex with a different girl (someoneI have wanted to date for years). After we had protected sex I noticed the red patch was bright red again. I became concerned and got a swab test the next day. The swab came back negative, but I'm assuming that if it is herpes, I waited too long and the lesion would have been dry. So I want to take a blood test to confirm I have herpes but I will have to wait for another 9 weeks before I build antibodies.

So now the moral aspect comes to play. Should I tell my new girlfriend about my suspicions? Should I wait until another outbreak occurs or until I get a positive test?

On a side note, I caught Chlamydia recently and told my new Gf about it she took it really poorly at first but once she realized that it was easily curable she put it behind us. What I'm mostly afraid about is that I might have gave it to her even though I was wearing a condom. Also, she might think that I've cheated on her (which I haven't) or that I am a man whore. Any suggestions?!

Another thought came to mind. I have been taking valtrex since my trip to the docs. He gave me a prescription just in case. Since then then mark has gotten smaller, not by a lot but still noticeably smaller. But it has now been 5 weeks since this mark first appeared! Is this a normal length of time for an OB to occur?