• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

One night stand

Please anyone I'm in desperate need of advice, I was diagnosed bk in 2015 hsv2 I was in a serious committed relationship when I found out and the only reason I did was because I requested a blood test. Since then I have had an outbreak very minimal but when I first found out and told my boyfriend at the time he blamed me of cheating made me feel like I was the worst person ever. We continued our relationship and he said I had given it to him although he never got checked medically. We broke up awhile ago and that was hard on me because I felt like he treated me like shit but I stayed due to the fact that I didn't want to tell anyone else of my problem. Well I met someone and had way to many drinks both of us and we had sex unprotected (dumb move yes I know and regret it) and I never got to tell him before. Since then we have continued to talk and I need to tell him I just don't know how. I do take my antiviral med every day and read that transmission rate is low for female to male but the thought of me giving this to someone is giving me the worst anxiety everyday. No one EVER gave me a heads up of this and I know when I found out I was in a really bad place depressed and felt awful felt alone and dirty. Since I have done so much research and I have it controlled I believe but this is the first time I have to tell someone and I feel like I already screwed it up by not mentioning it beforehand. Please help

Hi, @N80. I'm afraid there's no fix for this type of situation. A one-time encounter would have a pretty low chance of transmission (although it's happened to others). What if you just explained that you made a really bad decision because you had been drinking? He may still be pissed, but then at least you've cleared the air.