• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have hsv2 and he has hsv1

First off thanks for the support this page offers I can here last Feb 2016 when I had my first episode and the doctor gave me the news and thought my life was over. But I've had no problem with the guy I dated some last year or the man I'm with now when disclosing. So I've been dating my boyfriend since Jan and I told him once we turned serious I had hsv2 and sent him a pic with the stats from the pamphlet with percentages and everything. It's so crazy I was so nervous to tell him and then he's like "Oh ok well I get A cold sore like every other year so i have some strand of it as well" I was like crazy how those with hsv2 are nervous to tell and hope relationships progress and hsv1 seems like ppl throw it out after but like its nothing. Anyways we've been using condoms and Neither of us are on daily antivirals though I have a prescription so at any time I could start but I've just been taking them if I get and outbreak. Is it likely for me to pass to hsv2 to him if he already has hsv1? He brought up engagement and marriage (we met through mutual friends and have met each others families) and not always having to use a condom. We've been using them (except for 1 time) the past 7months. Sorry so long winded and all over the pkace I just wanted to ask.