• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How long did it take you to get back in the dating scene?

Hi! Recently a guy that I had just started dating got an outbreak and found out that he has herpes. We had been dating for a little less than a month and everything was great, I was really falling for him until he found out that he had herpes and decided to stop dating me. To give more context, we had sex before he found out, but after his diagnosis I took a test and came up negative, so neither of us passed it to the other. Anyway, he said that he was too depressed and shocked with the news to even think about getting in a relationship or keep dating me. I got very upset because at no point I had said I didn't want to date him because he had herpes, in fact I tried to be as supportive as I could and told him that I'd be happy to keep getting to know him and see where things go. So I'm very confused right now because I feel like maybe he was not sure about me or he was not very interested. But at the same time, I don't have herpes and I don't know how I would feel in his situation, so was trying to get your opinions, is it really possible to be so depressed with the news that you want to avoid contact with someone you were dating? do you think is true that he is very depressed? And is there anything I could do or just let him come back when he has accepted the news a bit better (he found out about a month ago)?

thanks!!

Not long at all. as soon as my first blisters healed up I booty called one of the girls iD been hooking up wit. I had told her about it. She told her gyno who said it wasn't a big deal. We had sex. Then I also hooked with one of the others I had be seeing. She didn't seem to care. Then I just went back to normal meeting girls only now I was disclosing. Fuck the stigma it's a load of horseshit.

@lovelyhgirl Yes, it is possible for someone to be so depressed that they push people away, even those they care for. Maybe those people more so... When someone finds out they have herpes, it can be a very emotional thing. It can and will cause many people to feel ashamed and dirty. So it's possible he is feeling this way about himself, and has in turn, pushed you away. Don't take it personally, and give him some time.