• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Have HSV2, but wait: do I have HSV1 now?

I am HSV2 positive. Genital. I made out with someone last week (nothing further), and 4 days later I have 3 cold sores on my chin. Never had cold sores there. In my first hsv2 outbreak I had lesions in my mouth, but none since and I read that HSV2 doesn't really inhabit the mouth or spread from the mouth. A little background: Leading up to the chin OB i have been growing facial hair on my chin and touching that area a lot (just kind of a habit I have). I also hadn't showered in a couple of days and was eating a lot of salty and vinegary foods when the outbreak started. I've never had any outbreaks on my chin or anywhere on my face. I am confused. Did this person I just made out with give me oral HSV1? Or did I spread HSV2 to my face? Either way I'm pretty worried. Thanks in advance for any insights.

I'm pretty sure these are cold sores. They were leaking clear or yellowish fluid. Damn it. This is like the worst luck ever. I got HSV2 from someone and took a break from dating for like 9 months. First person I go on a date with I just make out with them and now I have both herpes. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Who would ever want to be with someone with all of the herpeses. Ugh!