• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Antiviral forever? Or just during an outbreak? And when can I have sex again?

So I was just told today that I have hsv, still waiting on the pcr, but she put me on acyclovir for my first outbreak, which sucks big time. My question is do I just take them when I have an outbreak or daily after the initial outbreak. She didn't talk a whole lot about what I'm supposed to do and I was too in shock to ask more questions. I'm hoping she'll have more answers when she calls with my results.

And when is sex Ok? My partner says he's ok (I'm pretty sure I got it from him. He's asymptomatic and had NO idea) and I know it'll be awhile until we're comfortable having sex again, but when is it safe? I'm afraid it might cause an outbreak later down the road. I feel so lost and don't know what I'm doing anymore

Hi #Mygirl007, I totally understand your frustration with the unknown, nurses and doctors don't always take the time to talk about hsv 1 or 2.

If you and your partner both have hsv, I personally wouldn't bother with daily, unless you are getting o.b. after o.b. and it's driving you mad.

Taking antivirals is a personal choice. You don't have to take them, and it's not the end of the world if you miss a day.

I would keep some on hand for times you think you might be getting an o.b. as the antivirals help with the symptons, but keep in mind they will not always make the o.b. dissapear.

When my o.b. is gone, i personally would wait 3 to 5 days, but if your partner has it too, i would say have sex when your're comfortable. Because you can't pass it, if they have it.

Sex can cause an o.b., or time of month, or stress or anything really, once you know your triggers, you can start to preppare better, and possible avoid the o.b. i try to double my daily valtrex dose when it's my time of month for example.

Take the time to learn about your body, .

Hope this helps! xox

Hang in there! Though stress plays a huge roll with triggers, It's not exactly the enemy. The work stress and life stress you experience will be continous throughout your life, remember too you've been able to handle theese stresses in the past*, if you tend to get o.b. during/after specific stressfull events, use this to clarify where you need guidance/help. Be that diet, sex, emotional...etc. That way the next similar stress factor wont phase you as much. One less trigger, and its good for your soul. Use this time now, to know yourself, pamper yourself. Go for a walk, have a relaxing bath ( careful with soaps and other irritants), read, give yourself a facial, something calming and relaxing to you, whatever it may be!

xox

I am a firm believer in medicinal canibis. Or naproxen (over the counter) for nerve pain. I also am a firm believer in coconut oil anď bactine spray for topical.

Try adding l-lysine high foods into your diet, and try cutting out argenine foods.

H travels through your nerves before they surface (if they surface that is). Sometimes before or after an o.b. is when i feel nerve pain.