• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I'm not sure if he's ok with it

Hi everyone.

I finally met someone I truly like, and I know he really likes me back. Our last day I disclosed my HSV2. He seemed to be ok with it, and told me he used to get cold sores, so obviously has HSV1. I don't think he knows a lot about it though. I tried to tell him all the facts that I knew...but was also honest that I was scared it was going to drive him away etc. He said that he really likes me, just think he wanted to do some research etc.

He text me as soon as he got home, said he was looking forward to our next date.

Then I could feel him pulling away a bit and I just got this message from him: 'Hey sorry for being so busy yesterday. I'll call you over the next few days. I've needed some time to think. My apologies'.

I immediately broke down and started crying, and am still crying. I dont know what to think of that message. I don't want to lose him. Especially just over this.

I text him back and just said it was ok, and that I understand...and also said I hope this wasn't it but would respect whatever his decision would be.'

He responded by saying 'I already like you so much'. And I said "i really like you a lot too. Again, i'm an open book, so let me know if you have any questions. Take all the time you need".

And that was our conversation. Now I have to sit here and wait, when Im just expecting him to tell me he doesn't want to be with me anymore.

I dont know what to do.

Good news! I went and spoke with him and we had a really good talk. He’s never been in this situation before so just needed some time to take it in. I told him I was worried he wouldn’t want to see me anymore and he said that thought never crossed his mind. We had such an amazing evening, and I saw him again last night.

I thought we might have taken the next step last night but he said he still needs some time to absorb the information before we have sex.

Im now a little worried that eventually he just won’t be able to accept it, even though he says that’s not the case.

Im scared of getting hurt now because I’m so invested, but it feels so right and he’s told me many times how much he likes me, that he’s told his friends about met etc.

I think that needing some time to think is totally understandable! In a reverse situation I would certainly want some time to think and do research and such. It's hard not to worry, I do know that. But try to enjoy it and live in the moment. Enjoy all of the time you spend together getting to really know each other before things get physical. In the end, what is meant to be will be :)

He sounds like a good guy! Enjoy your dates and getting to know each other. No need to rush into a physical relationship. He is trying to work through all this just like you did when you found out. Not all disclosures end this well and him wanting to spend time with you is a good sign!