• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Boyfriend gets bumps on back and thighs

I informed my boyfriend of my hsv2 before we became intimate. I use Acyclovir to suppress and haven't had any outbreaks since we met. We use condoms, now he complains of random bumps on his body...the back (they look like mosquito bites), they're not in clusters. He says he had itchiness and a rash on his thighs...we see each other once a week though and I've never seen the that rash. He says it clears up before I see him. We have a appointment to see a doctor next week.

Has anyone ever heard of this? He's had Graves disease for 10 years and says he's never had this issue before. I've also used a lot of talcum powder before seeing him, to prevent body order. Way too much though, to where I once got a yeast infection. I was thinking that may have been why his thighs were itching.....IDK. I'm mortified.

I don't think anyone thinks you're stupid. My post was viewed many times and I got one comment. Sometimes people I guess don't think they have anything valuable to contribute so they don't comment. I highly doubt the bumps on his back are anything related to herpes and the disappearing rash on his thighs probably isn't either. If it'll give him peace of mind a test is probably a good idea. The itching could be related to the powder you use, if he is getting a lot of it on him. It's really hard to say. But testing is always what will provide the best peace of mind!

Testing is the best option. I will say, I have seen a herpes outbreaks on the back and buttocks, while at the time I didn't know what it was. I actual commented and questioned my giver, and thought it to be an allergic reaction. Later my giver admitted to having mat herpes as a young man. Which is HSV-2, and played ignorant regarding its contagious nature.

Thanks so much for the insight... Both of u. @ IsWhatItIs....Do u mind describing you sores. His look like mosquito bites. Painful...but no oozing or crusting. One bump here and there...no clusters.

Thanks again

No blister clusters, or blisters that I can remember. It was patches of redness (like a rash) with small bumps, and a few scattered bumps of varying sizes. And he said they itched intensely. I remember because I aided by spreading/applying ointments.