• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

1 year herpaversary

So I made it to one year, I honestly didn't know how I would make it past the depression, hate, anger and all. But I still have questions and was hoping someone could help. I am 29 years old I was diagnosed the day after my 28th birthday. I've always thought I had been safe. I fell hard for this guy dated for a short time and we had sex just one time unprotected. About three weeks later I went to the dr. Because I had what I thought was an ugly ingrown hair. She gave me some anitiobtic cream and I was on my way. This guy ending up making out with another girl and breaking my heart a hundred times over. Fast forward to 6 months later I had some pop up in the same place I had that ingrown hair. I knew it wasn't right. Because that area had tingled a few times since my "ingrown hair" I went back to the dr. Even she said it doesn't look like herpes but let's swab it since it's occurring in the same place. Then the day after my birthday I got my results. Positive for hsv2. I felt like I had been lied to my whole life about sexual health thoughts std test checked for everything. I always thought girls who sleep around get this not me. I was terrified how I could spread it even washing my hands with rubbing alchohol after using the restroom the first month. I contacted the guy I slept with - hey get tested I think you gave me herpes, I haven't slept with anyone else in a 2 year period. After 3 months of dragging it out he got tested, (which I also didn't know at the time of intercourse he had never been tested presiously) at the end of three months he's result was negative. -Said sorry I don't have any std just high blood pressure. He trusts the doctor and will get retested in a year. Good luck in life bye-. It was not an easy pill to swallow. I contacted an even older ex from three years ago who is in now in a long term relationship, he was kind said he didn't have any signs but would let me know. I even spoke to an ex from 7 years ago. I hate that even though I had atleast a year if not more between 4 partners I don't have an answer. A year later I am considering asking the ex I believe gave me hsv2 for a copy of his results. Because I want some closure because I just don't believe him and I just wish I could know for sure it wasn't him. I finally started taking Meds which was hard to come to terms with. I haven't dated or been sexual active since but I hope I can one day. How have others found closure when you have no answer? I held on the hope so much to get my out of the spiral of depression I would like to just get the last bit figured out. Where I am today isn't a cake wake. I still have my moments but one year after diagnosis I've improved so much can't wait to see where I am next year with the support of this site.

You're moving forward, and that's all that matters! Good question about finding closure. My ex-husband tested negative, so I must have acquired it from one of five partners I had before meeting him. They were all 20+ years ago and I'm not in contact, so I have absolutely no idea whom I got it from. How did I find closure? I guess I told myself that it didn't matter. I can't change the fact that I have HSV. In a way, I'm glad I don't know. Without knowing, I can't carry such resentment toward one person. I already had a hard enough time forgiving myself for not knowing I could get herpes if I practiced safe sex. For me, knowing who gave it to me wouldn't change a damn thing.

P.S. Happy belated birthday! :-)