• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How often do you get outbreaks

I have type 2 but rarely get outbreaks. Although the past 3 months I've had one each month . Manage your stress and your immune system and you'll be fine. Drink lots of water.

anything change in your life that suddenly changed the frequency? also, I heard each outbreak is usually milder than previous...is this true?

My first outbreak was 2 bumps they went away in about a week or less from what I call. I didn't have another one until 7 months later (which is when I was officially diagnosed) I then didn't have one until 11 months later. Then I got married, and relocated, financial stress, marital problems and etc and that's what caused them to be so often. I even got shingles from all the stress I had! I have now moved on from that stressful situation & got on suppressive therapy until my body recuperates and will be watching my body to see how many outbreaks occur.

It is ESSENTIAL to stress the least possible, sounds a little crazy but herpes has helped me get rid of some people that I definitely don't need in my life. If someone is affecting even my health, they have to go!

Honestly, physically no- it hasn't really challenged me. I think I've only had 1 outbreak that was *more uncomfortable than the rest, and hurt to pee. Otherwise no, I don't fall in bed sick. This illness has gotten to me more on the mental side than physical.... still struggle with it here and there, hang in there. It's not the end. :)

Thanks I think the mental health aspect is the toughest part hoping that a vaccine will make everything better and put everyone in remission, it's not the end of the world having the virus in you as long as it can do no harm to you or anyone else, I pray everyday that a vaccine will be available for both types soon

I pray so too. I fear I contracted oral herpes from my now estranged husband, (even though I've never had a cold sore) however my 4 year old son recently got a cold sore looking thing on his lip and I'm devastated. I had come to terms with HSV2 but HSV1 no-definitely, I can't,-especially with the potential harm I may have done to my child (even though I've never kissed more than 2,3 seconds) I am so angry at myself. I hate ORAL HERPES.