• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question about Genital HSV 1

Hello All,

I recently reconnected with someone who was diagnosed with genital hsv 1. On Sunday we hung out, and it got a bit intimate. I already have oral HSV 1. I don't know how I got it, but I hear a lot of people have it. Anyways, her and I made out for a bit. I also licked her breasts. I also played with her clitorous until she climaxed. I did this with my left hand. I played with her cliterous twice until she climaxed twice. When I was done I would wipe my hand on her body. To get the fluids of my left hand. I then asked her to turn around and I masturbated twice while occasionally gripping her butt. At one point, I put my thumb in her anus all with my left hand. Essentially, any contact with her genitals was done with my left hand. If I masturbated with my right hand never touched her vagina or anus but didn't really wash up what are the chances of me contracting something. She takes her pills daily and was not out breaking. I'm not freaking out, but I'm just a bit concerned. It's been two days, and I have not noticed anything unusual.What are my chances of getting genitals HSV 1. I'm going to see my doctor soon, just cause I haven't in a while, but all this skin to skin contact talk has me a bit paranoid.

Thank you everyone for your input.

JM

I have genital hsv1 and my boyfriend has nothing at all including hiv etc he's had a full screen recently. I'm not on any pills for it bc I wanted my body to naturally learn to suppress it on its own. We've never had problems and we don't use condoms. I'm sure you're fine for a few reasons

1. Type 1 genital is not in its preferred area so it's weaker than what you know as "herpes" and sheds less, and it's actually pretty difficult to transmit especially bc there was no genital to genital contact (even if there were, it usually spreads oral to genital which would be like you have a cold sore and eat her out and she gets genital herpes)

2. There's a good chance you already have type 1 orally. Ever had a cold sore, even as a child? Hayy herpes. If you have type 1 you are already a little more protected bc you have antibodies already

3. If you didn't touch yourself with the same hand st all down there how do you think it spread?

You're fine, if you do anything else make sure you use condoms. but they aren't 100% against t bc it is skin to skin.

Thank you for your response. It's really helpful. I think I read too much stuff, but I am definitely more knowledgeable. I really enjoy spending time with this person, so when we got intimate it got pretty heated. I think I really just got paranoid because of my lack of education, and needed some answers.

to answer your question:

I thought it could have spread if I touched my penis with my left hand, but I figured some viruses die when they are away from their host. I really appreciate your response. I have oral hsv 1. I actually don't know how I got it. I always tested for it, but my doctor told me that I have hsv 1 last year, so I wonder if I got it from her or at an earlier age. In any case I am not blaming anyone as it's not the right approach.

Thanks,

JM