• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes sore pain relief at home?

Hi, so I was recently diagnosed with HSV2, and my doctor hasn't given me any meds or ointment for it.. I think he's passed me on to a gyno to take care of it, and my appointment isn't until July 13th.

Saturday I had a sore appear at my vaginal opening, that only is getting angrier by the day. I'm going to assume this is from the herpes. I've been doing my best not to bother that are when cleaning up, but I was curious if there were any simple things I could try to do to help ease the discomfort while I'm at home? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

There is tea tree oil mix with vitamin C which is pretty smooth on the skin. I always use it. Yesterday I had nerve pain in My vaginal area and I diluted some tea tree oil with warm water, wiped with it and also took a warm bubble bath with a Eucalyptus bubble bath. Nerve pain went away immediately. No outbreak. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I did the tea tree oil mixed with coconut oil today at the onset of an outbreak and it felt awesome. Before that while I was in the shower I did an apple cider vinegar rinse. I've read that garlic and makuna honey have antiviral properties but I haven't tried them. I got some Abreva, camphor cream, and another cold sore treatment to try as well. I have rePHresh suppositories but I don't think they work for me. Next on my list is boric acid suppositories and a pH balancing serum or cream. What other soothing home remedies is everyone using? Also, I THINK I've had two-three outbreaks but when symptoms onset I can't tell if it's a yeast infection, BV, or an outbreak. Any tips for telling the difference? I usually end up spending 2-3 days using Monistat and antibiotics only for them not to work and it end up being an outbreak.