• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need help-- should i take this further or believe the lab (HSV)

Hi everyone,

For some time now I have been testing Via CityMD for all of my STD panels. I recently noticed a strange pattern in my results. If i am correct, the index values for herpes fluctuate even if is not by much. Now here is my dilemma. I have been testing via citymd for 2 years now

First test was in june 2015

Index was .12 &. 09

Next test was in march 2016

Index was .12 & .09

Now i thought it was weird that 8 months later i got the exact number but did not think much of it.

Next time i tested was october 2016

Index values were .15 & . 09

Then my final test was in june of 2017 and the index values were once again

.15 & . 09

Now i test just as normal routine to stay on the safe side. I found it very strange the way those index values seemed to play out. I contacted citymd and they assured me the lab was not simply using the results from a piror test. I wanted further information so i contacted the lab ( shiel ) and they would not discuss anything with me. I since contacted citymd again just to get a little more information and they claimed they spoke to a rep from shiel and that it is just another "coincidence". I find it funny &know that to be untrue because i have tested via my primary before she stopped practicing and the numbers always fluctuate ( quest)

Should i take this a step further? Does anybody else find this strange or am i worrying too much?

Thanks for your input

The problem is i have been experiencing some issues, everytime i have an issue i go to the clinic for it and they always run my blood. They do not have the proper swabbing material .(no pcr). Which is why i find it weird everytime my blood is ran the numbers never change. I know they should fluctuate slightly per test.

Numbers can stay the same, too. I know it looks suspicious seeing the same numbers twice in a row 2x, but unlikely events do occur. If you are not confident in this lab then you can spend $80 at another one, but if I were you I'd take what they have as convincing evidence you don't have herpes, provided you were not recently exposed