• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Birth control

I do have an appointment in a few weeks... but I'm curious now and know people here are so helpful and educated.

I have met someone who has the same thing I do. We are obviously still safe and using protection as I'm not using birth control and both going to go through all the tests again to be sure neither of us has anything else. Anyway I was looking into the iud as an option or the depo shot.. was wondering if anyone with hsv2 has had any issues with either. I'm also still fairly newly diagnosed but have gotten my OB's under control for the most part with daily supplements, healthy diet and regular work out sessions.

Any advice/stories with either birth control options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

To make a long story short, I acquired HSV2 before meeting my now ex-husband. At the time I met him, I went on the pill for the first time. I remember getting frequent yeast infections for about a year or so. I now believe I confused some of my herpes symptoms for yeast infections, but never had an obvious outbreak on the outside of my body, so I honestly don't know if that period of time I was really having more yeast infections, mild herpes OBs or a little of both.

I went off the pill several years ago when my ex had a vasectomy. I again had a period of 6+ months where I had more yeast infections and eventually things went back to normal. Never anything so bad it made me look at my lady parts in a mirror. Even post-diagnosis I've noticed (before starting acyclovir) I tend to get mild yeast infections and OBs around the time of my period.

Anyway, I know that's not much of an answer since it's such a blurred line, but that's been my experience.