• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

About three weeks ago I had sex with a guy I have known for about a month. Charming, Sweet and very nice. We hung out for almost two days just hanging out, talking and having sex. I was pretty sore afterwords but I haven't had sex since last July. Well, exactly five days later I start getting painful bumps all over my vagina. I called my GYN who told me that it sounds like herpes. I was devastated. I went to urgent care before I went and saw her (It was memorial day weekend and she couldn't get in until Tuesday and I was in some PAIN.) and they did a culture test. That Tuesday I went and got a blood test done (both IGg and IGm) for both HSV1 and HSV2. negative. I did get my culture back which came back positive for HSV-2. I called him that Saturday freaking out. He ignored my calls and texts and early the next morning he just texted me that he couldn't talk to me anymore because he was getting back with his ex girlfriend. I was hurt and mad. He also blocked me on Facebook and his phone after I told him. I did however mailed him my results as well as information about herpes. I think he was sleeping around quite a bit whenever he was broken up with his girlfriend and I just happened to get infected first. I mailed him the results because he needs to know. My friends think that maybe he thought I was lying about it and that's why he blocked me from everything. I just don't want him to do this to someone else. The pain and the thoughts I have had I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I really hope he does get tested and that he doesn't do this to someone else.

@Crookshanks1217 I hate to suggest this but do you have any way of contacting the ex? She may already know. She may already have it. My giver rejected me in a similar fashion (unfriended on FB, blocked on phone) before I even got tested because he and his ex were trying again. She found me on FB because she suspected he was lying about having sex with me (which he was) and warned me to get tested because he'd disclosed. He reacted a little better than yours when I got my results, though. Sorry you had to deal with that.

In other news, I've found tea tree oil to be a very effective topical treatment. I was mixing with coconut oil at first but now I just put a couple drops on a wet cotton square.

I did send a message to the ex on Facebook but it shows she received it but has yet to read it. I did what I could to inform both. It hurts but there is nothing else I can do at this point. I really really hope he gets tested for his own sake and hers. Mine is pretty obvious who gave it to me and I am grateful for that because I don't have to worry about someone else getting it from me unknowingly and I contacted my partner. I just have to get over being angry and upset about it all.

It may take her a while to see it if you're not FB friends. That's what happened with me. She sent on a Tuesday but I didn't see until Saturday when I just happened to be looking at Message Requests. It does sound pretty obvious who transmitted it with your positive swab, negative IgG.

It gets better faster than you might think. It hasn't quite been two months since I got my results and I'm learning to accept it. The emotional toll was worse than the physical. My big turning point was when I confided in a trusted friend about it.