• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How accurate is a 10 week herpe igg type specific hsv2 test?

I took a test at 9 week and half well basically 10 weeks, it came back negative. How reassure should I be with the results ? Can it jump to positive in two weeks , the 12 week mark ? And when do newly exposed people usually come up positive, how many weeks ?

Terri Warren says that at 3 weeks, 50% of those infected will test positive with an IgG test. At 6 weeks 70% of those infected will test positive. By 16 weeks, almost everyone who is infected will test positive. Personally, I would retest at 16 weeks. I'd have a hard time sleeping at night not knowing of sure!