• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Other STDs

Heh guys, so I have HSV-2 and my partner got tested for only HSV-2 and he was the one who gave it to me. I was tested for all other STDs, and was negative for everything else. I have only been with my boyfriend since my diagnosis in April. I was wondering, is there anyway that I could have contracted ghonerrea symptoms appearing now? If my test was from April and negative? He is going to get everything else checked out, but I feel like it does not make any sense to be tested, have sex with the same one person, and contract ghonerrea now.

Thanks for easing my mind!

So I'm early April I had my primary outbreak and it was the full blown thing. Then lately I always feel the urge to pee and a slight burning sensation when I do, and I'm certain it's not a UTI. So I looked up ghonerrea symptoms and they were analogous. I've been tested for the full panel of STDs when I learned that I had HSV, and came out negative for ghonerrea, but I have a feeling I have it.

From what I read online, the incubation period is two weeks before it should show up on a test. But many people (women especially) are asymptomatic for extended periods. A test is the only way to know for sure.

To me it seems unlikely but anything is possible. Painful/difficult urination is also a symptom of HSV. My first OB started in April and I'm still experiencing a variety of symptoms as my immune system adjusts.