• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Idk if I have herpes but I've had sex

Okay so I got tested in the last month and my herpes test came up negative so I had sex w my current boyfriend (mind you the last time I had sex prior was over 6 months ago) a week later I had spots pop up that resemble a ulcer 1 on Monday of last week and two the next day. I went to get them checked out and the dr said it was nothing. So this week I had sex again Bc my dr cleared me and since my boyfriend had gotten texted and was clean we had unprotected sex. Okay but now I have a canker sore on the inside of my mouth and a cut neither burn at all. My genitals and lips don't burn or itch or anything and the doctor cleared me but I swear I'm having herpes symptoms on the inside of my mouth and vagina. Maybe I'm being delusional a hypochondriac Bc my dr said she didn't see anything on the inside and it was all normal but I see it. Is it possible I'm imagining little ulcers on my vaginal area? I mean it doesn't hurt at all not even during sex and I'm not uncomfortable. I've had my vagina itch but I had gotten soap in it and that generally happens when I get soap there so I don't know honestly. Please help Bc I really want to go back to the dr but I've already been 3 times.

Hi, @huh713. Good news, canker sores are *not* herpes. :-)

Was your new boyfriend specifically tested for HSV? If so, and he tested negative and you did recently, then you do not have herpes.

If you're not sure what your new boyfriend was tested for, or if he was not tested for HSV, you can get another blood test, but you'll need to wait about 16 weeks to do so. A new infection takes time to show up on blood tests.

I'm not a doctor, but given what you've described, and the fact that your own doc has examined you multiple times, I'd say it's time to relax and get back to enjoying life!