• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Diagnosed 7 months ago. HSV1

Tested positive with HSV1 seven months ago. She knew she had it and didn't tell me. Broke up with her a month after. I tried to forgive her but I just can't be with a person of that character. Me contracting it didn't didn't seem to concern her that much and she was offended and tried to play victim when I broke it off. I'm still beyond angry about it all.

Present day...I've tried to get back into dating and it's gone absolutely nowhere. Everything comes to a halt once I reveal I have HSV1. I feel I'm damaged goods now and will find nobody who will accept me. It's heartbreaking honestly.

I know how you feel. That feeling of unworthiness really races through my mind. I keep saying to myself I can't believe I have herpes. It's not a death sentence. We could've been amongst the many who just don't know; instead we're in the number that do know. God bless you @rushed3000. I'm sorry for you too. People have given me encouraging words here on this site. It will be ok.

Funny, I spent the first seven months after my own diagnosis feeling heartbroken and like damaged goods. I don't know if you feel this way, but for me it was a lonely, exhausting, sad and painful place to be. It wasn't until I got some professional help from a wonderful counselor that I was able to turn the corner. I hope you are able to find peace yourself someday (soon!). {{hugs}}

Thank you for your comments @Feli71 and @HikingGirl. Dating is difficult enough, now I have to double down with this. I'll agree with you about the "lonely, exhausting, sad and painful" part of all this. Just the thought of never having/being with someone again is unbearable at times.