• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Chronic symptoms

I've had genital H for approximately 6 months now and still have constant symptoms. If I eat or drink something bad(chocolate, energy drinks, caffeine) I get symptoms almost immediately, usually itching or a sharp prick feeling. Has anyone else experienced this? For the record, I've never had an obvious sore or blister. I also get an uncomfortable burning or hot feeling at times on my genitals and bum.

• 1 month later...

Hi VP. It will get better it sounds like your body is still getting used to the virus. Look at it this way- it forces us to live a healthy lifestyle now. I also live in the Toronto area and have had herpes for 16 years and two healthy kids. It's still hard for me some days but you will be fine and it weeds out the people you would be better off without anyway.

@VP I'm experiencing similar symptoms for just over two months but I'm also taking antivirals when it gets particularly bad. They help but the mild skin irritation sticks around. I've found coconut oil and tea tree oil applied topically helps relieve some of the burning. I figured it just like @Pattym says and my body is still getting used to a new virus. So far it's been relatively mild in comparison to others so I'm not complaining.