• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I love my HSV2+ boyfriend

My guy has it. I don't. He told me after 2 dates and 3 days of messaging non-stop. He said" I don't know where this is going, but I have herpes." I googled it and it wasn't the the horror it's spoken to be. I told him let's see where it goes... I'll be open minded and if the time comes we'll cross that bridge and see how I feel. I was scared the 1st time....We had condom sex and I panicked and checked my genitals every 5 minutes for a week. Eventually I got to the point where I forgot he has it. A year later he still has it and I don't. We have mind blowing sex and oral sex. We have unprotected sex probably twice a month and like I said I still don't have it. That's my choice and it took some convincing to get him to have unprotected sex with me. If you stay on anti-vitals and use protection your chances are very little of catching it. Don't let this define someone. PLEASE!! I'm glad I took the chance on him because he's totally worth it. He's the love of my life. Please ask me any questions you please.

Thank you for sharing. He sounds like a good guy given the fact that he was able to tell you so early on and didnt make it so dramatic. I wonder why some people seem to be so much more immune to catching it than others. I've heard stories of people being married for years and not getting it from their partner.

@Billysgirl I'm one who has never passed it on and my husband of 21 years does not have it. He had exactly your same thoughts on it and he didnt make a big deal out of it because, for me it's not!!! Does your bf have hvs1 or 2? This is such a good post for people who are really still depressed over their diagnosis!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found out I have HSV2 about 8wks ago....I'm just wondering, after a couple dates, when he decided to tell you, did he give you any informational material to help you understand the virus better?? Or did you just do research on your own and make your decision?? I haven't been in the situation yet where I will have to tell a potential partner, I'm definitely not ready to have to tell anyone yet, I haven't even told my closest friends or family, and don't even know if I ever will.

• 2 months later...

My boyfriend also told me after two dates. He was so nervous that I wouldn't want to be with him sexually and would leave him altogether. I didn't even blink, and we have amazing sex (sometimes with condoms and sometimes without). He presented me with a ton of info and I did my own research. He went on Valtrex soon after meeting me. I understand that I am taking on some risk, but after research I really see that it's not as big of a deal as society stigmatizes it to be. It's a risk, but I love being with him, and when I met him I knew he was special. Him being HSV-2+ didn't even make a difference in my feelings for him emotionally or physically.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...