• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

help! Should I disclose to someone I might not ever see again?

I've been hanging out with a guy for the past 2 weeks. We've made out and cuddled, but I want to get a lil friskier. Maybe not have sex, but I would like for him to mess around with me. I have hsv2. I told him that I don't like one night stands and that's why I won't have sex with him, but he thinks I'm mostly being shy. I might of mest up already because things got a lil hot and heavy and I ended up going down on him. I'm hsv1 negative, but still I probably shouldn't have until disclosing I have Ghsv2. I hate feeling like I'm hiding this big dark secret and beating around the bush. It makes me feel immature and insecure. Part of me wants to tell him I have it, but since he is moving away for the summer and I might be moving for good next month is it even worth telling him and getting more intimate with him? I know I won't handle rejection well, but tbh, I already feel a bit rejected by him. He is really cool and I could see myself wanting to get to know him more, but I get the feeling he is just seeing this as a fun time. Im just really tired, angry, and frustrated over keeping this in. I also, know we will most likely keep being friends even if I move away so I wouldn't want this to bite me in butt if I were to see him in the future and disclose then. He might ask me why I didn't disclose when we first met. >.< I've been having mini meltdowns over this. Feeling like I'm doomed.

I hear a lot of mixed emotions in your post. When I read it, I heard, "she likes him...but maybe not enough (yet?) to have intercourse....wouldn't mind getting to know him better....would like to just fool around for now...not sure an HSV2 disclosure is really necessary at this point....etc." Am I on the right track?

Also, you said you already feel a bit rejected by this guy. Why is that?

Yes, I guess I'm a hot mess right now lol. I don't want to have intercourse with him because at this point in my life, I only want to have intercourse with someone I'd officially be dating. Well, I feel rejected because I can tell he wouldn't want anything serious with me. It is finals week for him so I understand he is busy, but I messaged him earlier just to wish him good luck on his exam and he just texted me back. Yet he had been posting snapchat videos lol. I have a feeling he is going to ask me to go over. Deep down I just want to feel loved and be in a serious relationship. @HikingGirl

I don't want to have intercourse with him because at this point in my life, I only want to have intercourse with someone I'd officially be dating. Well, I feel rejected because I can tell he wouldn't want anything serious with me.

Sounds like you had your answer all along. It does suck when we're interested in someone and they're not as interested in us. On to bigger and better things!! {hugs}