• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The ongoing itching, how it is spread and medicines.

Could someone please help me with how to stop the itching. I had my first ob in March and the sores have healed but the itching is constant, unbearable and keeping me awake at night. Also is genital herpes only passed on to someone else through intercourse and oral sex? And what over the counter medicines do people take to help? Thank you in advance for your help.

For transmission info, go to the Westover Heights Clinic website and download the herpes handbook there. It can be transmitted from intercourse, oral and just skin to skin genital contact like foreplay.

For immediate relief from itching, I like to moisten a cotton square with water then add a couple drops tea tree oil. The oil must be diluted! Long term you could consider antivirals. Valtrex did nothing for me, but after being on acyclovir about two months, suddenly I never itch. And I used to itch all the time, even without outbreaks!