• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I have had HSV1 all my life as far as I know with cold sores on my mouth once or twice per year. In addition, I recall having herpetic whitlow during an illness at 11 years old.

Very recently was diagnosed with HSV1 on my cervix.

1. What is the likelihood of my giving a partner GHSV1? Have had unprotected sex with a partner a couple of times when I didn't know the diagnosis.

2. Is this scenario possible? I unknowingly spread HSV1 from my mouth to the genitals of a partner. And then they spread it to my cervix?

3. Since I have had hsv1 all my life is it likely to continue outbreaks on my cervix? I was completely unaware of this and it came back after an unusual pap, which then resulted in a colposcopy and this was determined.

Thank you very much for your help.

@itsallgood Are you sure it's HSV1 on your cervix? The abnormal pap I had when I was 19 was due to HPV, and I, too, had to have the colposcopy. It's very easy to get the two confused, as the letters are so similar. I've not heard of anyone having an abnormal pap and having to have a colposcopy as a result of Herpes. :/

Is it possible you could have contracted genital HSV2 within the few months prior to your IgG blood test? The IgG blood test will pick up 95% of HSV2 infections (and will miss 5%) but it is necessary to wait at least 12 weeks from the time of infection to ensure greatest accuracy. After 12 weeks, it is 95% accurate in identifying an HSV2 infection.