• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Got rejected

So an update. I told a guy I have been seeing for the last month. He said he needed time to think about it. I felt a strong connection and was developing feelings for him. He text me tonight to tell me that he couldnt see us going any further, and that it was because he wasnt feeling a connection, and wasn't because of my herpes. It almost hurts more that he said that. I cant handle rejection very well. I really liked him.

Hi Lilly82... I'm sorry you were rejected. Rejection hurts. I know. Even though he says he wasn't feeling a connection, you will just never know what his true motivation to break it off was, so try not to dwell too much on that part. Congratulations on disclosing, whatever the outcome. You spoke your truth and that should empower you. He doesn't have to accept it, but now you are free to move on to someone who will love all of you. Someone who will be better suited to you. Stay strong friend, and enjoy all the possibilities life has waiting for you.

He's lying and being weak. Clearly he liked you and is now trying to "be nice" y not admitting the real reason he doesn't want to continue.

Two things:

Sounds like you've dodged a bullet. If he can't be honest about something like this, imagine how he would have acted in a relationship wherein something that's actually significant came up?

There are many other people out there who are totally fine with you having herpes. Most people in the world have it.

Ironically, he probably has it too, statistically speaking. If that's the case then he's just rejecting himself as well.

Forget him and move on to greener pastures (if which there are many).

Thanks guys! I've thought about it a lot and I do think you're right. We completely had chemistry so it makes no sense what his excuse is. It's too bad he's taken that approach because I've been beating myself up about it, that I wasn't good enough. Seems he's just closed minded.