• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

He never had any symptoms, then it was passed to me and I'm the only one showing symptoms.

What a tragedy this was.

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. We definitely have a lot of trust and support built up so a question of infidelity is irrelevant. I got tested before we were first intimate, but didn't think to ask him. He has never ever shown any symptoms, so when I came home after a visit (mind you, we had unprotected sex for a couple months at this point) and had symptoms I immediately went to get checked out, and was devastated with news that I had tested positive for HSV2. I was hoping it was just a UTI and some ingrown hairs... My boyfriend had absolutely no idea and feels so horrible that it's been passed to me unintentionally and that I'm being affected by it. We're both still going through the emotional shock of this too. I'm scared, I want kids one day and I'm so scared this may have a negative effect on any pregnancies, cause miscarriages, or be passed to my future kids. Another thing that we have to deal with is unexpected OB's when we only get a short amount of time to see each other about once a month. So if I'm having an OB, its obviously going to be frustrating to be intimate while we have the chance. And is there any point in using protection at this point if we know we both have it? He is super supportive and caring, trying to figure out all the right things to do or say as this is all new for him too... so if we can't be intimate during a visit I know it won't be a problem BUT it still sucks.

Also for onsets and causes, I know stress is a big one but I recently went back to college AND I work full-time so I can't really erase the stress of time management, deadlines, exams, etc.

Any one else have words of advice? Similar stories? Y'all can relate? I feel so alone and gross >.<

Has your boyfriend been tested? If he's also positive for HSV2, then no, there's no point in using condoms unless you're using them for birth control or to prevent the transmission of other STIs.

Everyone's bodies reacts differently to the virus. My outbreaks (before I started acyclovir which so far has stopped outbreaks) seemed to be tied to my menstrual cycle. I didn't see a noticeable change with stress or different foods. In time you'll learn how your own body responds to various triggers.

I would encourage you to learn everything you can about herpes. It really helps to have the facts. There are lots of great resources on this site and others mentioned throughout these forums. {hugs}