• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Will hair grow back after stopping meds??

@Adrial thought you might know the answer here or could find out. I've been on acyclovir a little over a year. Works great! No ob's at all, but my hair seems to have thinned. I'm really just now noticing it due to having a ton of hair. I've stopped the meds for now and plan to just use if an ob occurs. Will my hair grow back?? Can't seem to find this answer even on Terri Warren's forum. I know hair loss is a side effect, but just wondering if it will grow back.....have had the H 35 plus yrs. Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!!!

I took it 12 hours apart. It worked wonders for ob's.....none to be exact!! I'm good with just taking it for ob's since I'm married, have had this 35 plus yrs and hubby H negative. I just hate that my extremely thick hair has thinned, but in a way it's been kind d if nice.....less time to blow dry, straighten etc.... I still have tons of hair.

The best advice I can give if he doesn't want to wear condoms is to take anti viral daily if you can. It's less transferable female to male which has certainly been my case. No sex during ob's obviously.....listen to your body. He is aware of the risk which should take the burden from you. Remember.....stressing is not good!!! Can't remember if you said he is for certain H -, but you have to just let it go and have fun! If you stress over it and he continuously sees that, you might make him very paranoid and thus reluctant to be relaxed about it.

• 1 year later...