• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Still hurting & devestated after almost 2 years

Hi I've been suffering for about 1 1/2 yrs from H 2 & im almost always in pain or sensitive. I've cut out the bad foods and rarely have sex because I'm hurting. I'm trying to stay positive but really am not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Is this normal to almost always feel like I'm having an OB? I can't wear tight pants for any significant length of time and have to sit out from working out a lot. I'm so depressed I still have bad thoughts everyday. I'm so sick of this . The anti-vitals don't work. I feel like I have it really bad. What can I do? There are almost never anything I can see either or it's very small. It even hurts to sit & lay down. I'm so uncomfortable constantly. This has almost ruined my life. How am I supposed to deal with this? How can I make it stop? I take all the vitamins & cut out the bad foods please help

@mkat52 Have you tried changing your meds? I know there are (3) different kinds and some work better than others. I know I tried (2) different types, acyclovir and Valtrex and Valtrex works best for me. That being said, I had to take the full dose daily, as if I was always in a full outbreak, for three months before the symptoms completely subsided. Suppressive therapy is half the dose daily but every time I try to reduce the dosage, the symptoms start to creep back up. I've heard it takes some people up to two years for antibodies to build in their body and the symptoms will subside. Stress is definitely a trigger so try to stay calm and not get too upset about it. I have had herpes for (4) months and it seems to be pretty bad for me as well but now that I have my meds right and understand the dosage my body requires, it is becoming more bearable. Our bodies just need time to adjust to living with the virus inside. Try to stay positive. I pop on the forum sometimes and it really helps me to talk it out and see that other people are going through the same thing I am. I'm hoping things start to get better for you.