• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Paranoid, Can't Move on With Life, Sex Drive Going Away

Hello everyone!

This is my second post on here. It's been a hard couple days. I've been so paranoid about every little thing. I'm so scared to transfer my hsv 2 to other places on my body like arms or face or mouth. Is it true that if you touch down there even if there are no OB you can transfer it to other places? I feel like i'm going crazy sanitizing my hand. Even if i touch my underwear that was touching my vagina i'm scared of transferring it to my hands. To make matter worst i have a cut on my hand that i'm so paranoid that i could infect my hand. These thoughts are running non stop in my brain and its stopping me from living my life. Its like my OCD is coming back :(

To make matters even worst, my sex drive is going down. I'm a virgin who has hsv 2. I feel like when im hooking up with a guy i cant even enjoy it because im scared of them catching something from me. Is it safe if a guy fingers me? Like im scared to even pleasure myself because im scared of touching myself down there. It feels dirty and i know its wrong to think like that but its hard to not... I feel like im losing everything...

I know it gets better but these past few days has been rough. Thanks for listening!

What do you mean your a virgin who has hsv2?

I had the same feelings when diagnosed, I still deal with my own inner demons and struggles, I have reseated it, and although it can transfer, it is very very very rare, I don't have the stats readily available...I've had it for many years, and have not transferred it, even when I didn't know I had it

Not sure I helped, but I tried

I feel you, I'm in the exact same situation as you pretty much, except I lost my v-card a couple months ago. Every little tingle, itch, cut, or anything I feel or see freaks me out and I get super paranoid. I agree, I don't know how to live like this. I've been really trying to maintain a positive attitude but it is so so hard, at least we're together in the way we feel.

If you're not having a active outbreak, it's very unlikely to transfer it to other parts of your body. It is possible, and even more so during the first year, but it's still unlikely. The virus cannot go through clothing, including panties. If you're feeling a lot of anxiety about it, I recommend just not touching yourself down there for a while. Soap in the shower will kill the virus, and if you're applying some kind of cream to an outbreak, go ahead and use a glove or wash your hands after.

A decrease in sex drive is very normal. It can take some time for your mind to process all of this before your body is going to bounce back to your usual sex drive.