• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Weirdly High test results

There's nothing abnormal about a number that high. Some people have high numbers, some low. It just is what it is. Lots of speculation that a higher number means you've had the antibodies a longer time, but I've never seen any expert say conclusively if that's true. (For example, my HSV2 value was 43, and HSV2 is 3.27--later confirmed with a western blot--and I've had both for over 20 years.). The *majority* of Americans have HSV1, and many folks get it orally as young children. Even if we never develop a cold sore.

I wish there was more research on this to know why antibody levels can get so high. I've done quite a bit of research and I've only seen 2 other results higher than mine. Even if it was a typo, a 5.27 is still positive, but I questioned it for a retest is because I got it done at the clinic in my college. I feel like the doctor there didn't know much about herpes because she gave me my results and hung up without offering much information about treatment or numbers. I still may go to my primary care physician just to double check.

I got my lab results printed out today. It was a full CBC and I had some very odd results with other stuff (my cholesterol and thyroid were extremely high and I'm an active, thin college student). At least my primary care physician may be able to clarify things better if these results are completely accurate, but I've had a friend who received wrong results from the clinic so I thought I'd get a second opinion.

I was recently diagnosed too with Hsv1 it was higher than yours mine is 58.00 ;/ i was shocked and devastated and depressed. I would not have known it till i got tested. Coz i never have any cold sore on my lips. But im feeling kinda calm now since most of the people have it and acquired it as a kid. But sometimes i still feel emotional about it. But i know I'll be fine. Well I hope so.