• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dating someone with herpes.

Why would someone who doesn't have herpes decide to date someone who has herpes?

Why would they want to risk getting herpes just to have sex with someone that they are just getting to know?

Let's be honest, most of us start having sex way before we fall in love, so why would someone risk their health and deal with all the stigma if they don't have to?

Because the risk of contracting herpes/other diseases exists with any relationship, and by dating somebody who knows they have it, is honest about it and taking steps to manage it, some people may feel more secure about it than dating a stranger who could be either concealing the truth or not know what diseases he/she carries. I think you'll find a lot of people appreciate transparency; many also just don't carry the stigma about it that those who land on this board seem to have.

I've only had one disclosure so far over text, but it wasn't a matter of falling in love first or even getting to know her so well that she would take the risk for the chance of love. In fact, for other reasons we only ended up sleeping together one time, but for her me having herpes genuinely didn't seem to bother her at all.

Because it's not a big deal to someone who can see past it!!! My husband (then just a man crazy about me) was crazy for me and didn't care about the minor "infliction". He said he would be the last person I'd ever have to tell and he was. He saw me for me, loved me for me....and he's still here 20 plus years later and H negative!!!