• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New member needing support

Hi I'm new here,

I've joined because I contracted HSV-2 around 2 months ago from a guy I was seeing who didn't know he had it (I'm not seeing him anymore) I was absolutely devistated and became the most depressed I've ever been, if it weren't for the comfort of my mum I'm not sure where I'd be. It has to be the most awful pain I've ever had, simple tasks like walking and sitting down or even going to the toilet were agonising and I never want that pain again.

I've come here because I feel like I need more support and I'm terrified about my future love life. Knowing that STD's are only looked upon as though you've 'slept around' which I haven't done, really makes me feel like no one will ever want me. I've had a fair few guys lately wanting to take me out on dates and I would usually go for it, but because of this I've turned every one of them down.

To make matters worse, I had a rare case where I got herpes eye simplex. Thank god it was only minor and got sorted but now I can't see as well out of that eye and I'm so scared about it coming back. I really need support on this because I've always had good eyesight.

I've changed my whole diet, I take vitamins, I use herbal treatments for breakouts.. I literally do everything to try and stop outbreaks and thank god it's somehow worked - I know I'm new but if anybody wants to know what I eat/do I'm happy to share although it might only work on certain people I have no idea because I'm so new to this. I know it's not a cure, but I just hope and pray there is one soon.

Any help/support would be really appreciated!

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time. Kudos on reaching out. This is a great community. Please know you don't have a doomed love life. There are many of us who have rich sex lives in both casual and serious relationships. I can honestly tell you that I have been with numerous men who didn't care in the least, including my current lover who has accepted he may get it one day. Read through the disclosure success stories. That was one of the best things I did for myself back when I was diagnosed. I hope your eye heals fully. Hopefully someone here has more advice on that. We are all here for you though. Just remember, you are still you! You are worthy!

Thanks so much! That means a lot to have someone reply. It's just that in my generation STD's are joked about so I can only imagine how potential lovers would react :( I really hope it heals fully too, I'm terrified of losing my sight.

I'm not sure whether people find lovers on here but I'm too scared to put a picture of myself on here incase anyone I know sees me. I just can't risk it.

Although still thank you so much for your reply! X

Char97...Read the hand out! It's so important to understand the facts. This is not that easily spread if you know your status. Especially female to male. Just learn all you can about this and I promise, In time, you will be just fine and barely ever think about it.

Probably a silly question but where can I find the handout I'm still working out how to use this site? :) but thanks so much for the reply! Although when you say not easily spread is that with or without protection? I hope not because not a day has gone past since then without me thinking about it x

Char97...Read the hand out! It's so important to understand the facts. This is not that easily spread if you know your status. Especially female to male. Just learn all you can about this and I promise, In time, you will be just fine and barely ever think about it.

Probably a silly question but where can I find the handout I'm still working out how to use this site? :) but thanks so much for the reply! Although when you say not easily spread is that with or without protection? I hope not because not a day has gone past since then without me thinking about it x

I'm sorry you are going through such a difficult time. Kudos on reaching out. This is a great community. Please know you don't have a doomed love life. There are many of us who have rich sex lives in both casual and serious relationships. I can honestly tell you that I have been with numerous men who didn't care in the least, including my current lover who has accepted he may get it one day. Read through the disclosure success stories. That was one of the best things I did for myself back when I was diagnosed. I hope your eye heals fully. Hopefully someone here has more advice on that. We are all here for you though. Just remember, you are still you! You are worthy!

Thanks so much! That means a lot to have someone reply. It's just that in my generation STD's are joked about so I can only imagine how potential lovers would react :( I really hope it heals fully too, I'm terrified of losing my sight.

I'm not sure whether people find lovers on here but I'm too scared to put a picture of myself on here incase anyone I know sees me. I just can't risk it.

Although still thank you so much for your reply! X

I was 23 when I got the H...35 plus years later it's barely a thought. Anti viral daily is the ticket!!! Along with self confidence!!!

I'd love to be able to have a day without thinking about it! Although is it possible to get surpressive antivirals in the U.K.? I've only read about people in the US getting them?

@Char97 try starting a new thread asking about the anti viral in the UK. Plenty of folks on here live there. I would for sure exaggerate the number of ob's you have as some Dr's will only prescribe per ob doses otherwise. So, you can give that a try too. Xxx

@Char97 try starting a new thread asking about the anti viral in the UK. Plenty of folks on here live there. I would for sure exaggerate the number of ob's you have as some Dr's will only prescribe per ob doses otherwise. So, you can give that a try too. Xxx

Oh great I will, thanks!xxx