• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Anyone have HSVII but are asymptomatic or very mild symptoms?

I tested positive for hsv II, but I don't have the classic "sores" or nerve pain. I have "paper cuts" from time to time and my doctor told me that those were my symptoms.

Just curious to know if there was anyone out there who is positive for HSVI or HSVII but doesn't have classic symptoms of cold sores/nerve pain or just very mild symptoms.

Yep. I tested positive for HSV2 and have never had classic symptoms. I do recall having frequent yeast infections many years ago and now wonder if those were outbreaks, but impossible to know since yeast infections are a thing, too.

I have seen many others post here with similar stories. CDC also says: "Most individuals infected with HSV are asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms that go unnoticed or are mistaken for another skin condition" and they point out that only 12.4% of those with HSV2 have been diagnosed.

I get the small paper cuts too! Mine never develop into real blisters or ooze or anything. When I went to my doctor to have them swapped (not my primary OB), I remember she said that it did not look like a typical herpes OB and she was not sure. I never get real blisters when I have an OB, just the fissures/paper cuts which hurt a lot too, but only if i touch it. So I guess we might be lucky that it's "only" small paper cuts that we get even though it's still annoying and hurts. As your doctor said, I agree that this is just your symptoms.

All the best,

Tina

I actually posted this same question recently as well. My initial outbreak was 2 small blisters that didn't resemble the pictures I had seen. They were never swabbed, but my igg came back positive. I have never had another outbreak and this occurred this past July. I don't even think about it really.

Hello, I have both 1 & 2 and like other commenters have no noticeable symptoms. A tingle here or there but nothing alarming and though I took Acyclovir in the beginning to reduce shedding I dont do anything to prevent an outbreak. I do have a question, many mentioned paper cuts, where are those appearing??

Hello, I am a 42 year old female. I was recently diagnosed Dec 2016 with HSV1 & HSV2. I have had 3 outbreaks (currently having one) in the past 4 months. The first two were only one small painful bump and my current OB is 4 little blisters. All of the sores during my OB appeared on the outside of my labia, not inside. I was told that the virus usually takes the same path and it seems to be true in my case as the bumps were near the same place as the last OB.

Because I have both 1 & 2 I was wondering if HSV1 poses as a different variation of a sore than HSV2. Does HSV1 tend to be more "blister like" and HSV2 look more like a bump or lesion? or vise versa? or is there no way of knowing which strain is actually giving you the OB at the time? can they occur at the same time? or is it only one or the other?

I am having my third OB right now and although it isn't pleasant, it is tolerable. I started on Valtrex immediately (2000 a day for 14 days) and it does seem to subside the symptoms. I am going to continue on a 500mg daily as supressive therapy. Also, taking L- Lysine (1000 a day). Other than that, I plan to live my life as normal. I will drink my 1 cup of coffee in the morning and have my occasional glass of wine after work.

There are so many conflicting things on the internet that I am reading...can anyone recommend a legit FAQ site or forum of docs? I also would like to find someone my age to discuss symptoms, triggers, etc.

I have many questions regarding sex and oral sex as well. I am currently in a relationship and my partner is negative. We would like to keep it that way, but he knows the risks. Yes, I found love with herpes for those who are doubtful...it's out there, and I have both types! I wonder if I am to give him oral (with no OB) is he still at risk from viral shedding? My HSV1 is genital. Can I still get a cold sore or is it going to stay where the original OB occurred on my genitals? I understand it likes to stay with the original host but is there a chance I could transfer it to my mouth? So may questions and so many conflicting answers out there.

Do you have hvs2 genital too or is your hv2 oral??? I was thinking you couldn't have 1 and 2 genital. I may be completely wrong on this. I was thinking one had to be oral and one genital if you had both. Hope someone else will chime in on this subject. If you have hvs1 orally, you can transmit to him via shedding during oral....hvs2 is very, very rarely transmitted orally. I have no triggers that I know of, but am 30 plus yrs into this and on anti viral with 0 ob's while on it daily. My husband is negative for over 20 yrs.