• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex on suppressive therapy and condoms but I have an active blister?

Hello friends. I recently found out about this website and it's been helping me so much. I was depressed and even had to take antidepressants constantly because I was just so bummed out about contracting HSV-2. Slowly I'm getting back to my normal self again. I was just wondering if I can have sex while I have an active blister and I'm taking suppressive therapy.. can I have sex without transmitting it to my boyfriend if he uses a condom? I'm super sexually frustrated. Haven't had sex in about 3 weeks. And I can tell he's frustrated too. Please help! I also wanna know if I can receive oral while I have HSV-2 and I'm on supressive therapy? I heard they can get HSV-2 inside their mouth but they won't ever worry about getting it on the genitals since you can't have herpes twice or something. Hopefully I'm making sense. I don't wanna spread this to him. I love him very much.

Never ever have sex if you have an active blister - that's when its most contagious! Even if you are on the meds and condoms are used. No sex when there's an active blister or tingling. Same goes for oral sex.

When you are outbreak free you can of course have sex and oral sex (with meds and condoms or not is up to your and your bf). The risk of getting HSV2 on the mouth is so small that I would never worry about that (I think it's less than 1% chance of that happening). Even IF it happened to your bf (which will not happen) he would maybe get one OB on the mouth and never another because HSV2 does not thrive in the mouth.

Be safe and take care. Remember to listen to your body.

Wish you all the best,

Tina