• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need reassuring advice

Hello! I am new to this group. I was dx with herpes simplex 2 about a year ago. I had a horrible first outbreak: fevers, burn when I peed, horrible cramping....I thought I had a kidney infection. It was bad....so my first outbreak was only 4 little blisters that popped open into the ulcers and went away after about a week. I know I got it from my then boyfriend-now husband. He has had outbreaks on his mouth but has never been tested for it. Long story short....he has a history lol. I haven't had an outbreak for quite some time and now I just noticed right above my vagina at the very top of my lips there were a cluster of water filled blisters. I popped them because I thought it was an ingrown hair.....then I remember, duh it's probably your herpes. Right after I popped them my daughter and I were taking a shower. I am scared to death that we were too close to each other and she could be at risk. She put her wash cloth over my belly and the bottom of it touched my area....I took it away from her, but I am worried about if she bumped me...Also, this is kind of a two part issue....since my husband has never been tested, can you have HSV-2 on the mouth? I am fairly certain this is how he gave it to me. It was like 2 weeks (maybe) after oral sex I had my first horrible outbreak. I am a very monogamous person, so I know that's where it's from. If he has it on his mouth, can I make him break out or give it to him on his genitals?