• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Igg Test only available through doctor?

I have had Herpes for going on 27 years (contracted through my husband within a few months of marriage). Now I am facing divorce and would like to know what type I have. I just visited my gyno in December for my yearly and don't really want to go back to him for this testing (He knows I have it and has me on Valcyclovir daily). Does anyone know if I can get the Igg test done some other way with some privacy? Thanks so much!

@BrightEyes I've Googled "at home herpes igg test" and have come across a few different ones. I don't know their reliability, as I've not yet purchased one, but I probably will in the near future because I don't know which type I have. I doubt my insurance would cover me having the test done by a doctor, so the home test is something I'm willing to try. The ones I've looked at are between $45 and $50.

I had a great experience with STDTestExpress.com. They do ask you to answer some yes/no questions before recommending which tests you should consider. If you answer "yes" to diagnosed with genital herpes, they may not include HSV testing in their recommendation, but maybe they'll allow you to manually add it, I don't know. They do offer type specific IgG testing. You print the lab slip from home, pay online, visit a Quest Lab, login for results a couple days later.