• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

IgG numbers...can they be used to tell approximately when HPV was contracted?

Just diagnosed with HPV-2.

Have never had any symptoms. Not a single one. And I'm not young.

I assume I got this 30 years ago when I slept a handful of times total with three different males.

I've been with women ever since. Can't imagine I got it from them, but perhaps I did.

I suspect it may have been the third of the three men as I had an abortion after the second, so Planned Parenthood might have tested me for herpes at that time. (But maybe not.)

I guess all this info. is neither here nor there, but I'm shocked and bummed so I'm rambling a bit.

Anyway, my IgG was 6.28.

Can that be used to say I've had it, say, more than five years? Or is there any rule of thumb we can go by to get an approximate timeframe for the date we contacted this?

Lastly, why on God's green earth doesn't the CDC do this test as part of a standard STD panel?

The reason it is so prevalent is that people like me risk passing it on to others because we have no clue we have it!

I assumed from my friend who had genital herpes that it hurt like hell!

Was I ever wrong.

It takes 4-6 months after infection for there to be enough antibodies to detect. Beyond that there is no way to pinpoint an exact amount of time. You're not alone in getting a diagnosis like this. Many discordant couples have gone years in a relationship before finding out one of them has it. In many cases it never gets passed between them. Strange but true. Just goes to show how tricky h can be.

As far as the CDC and testing goes...In the medical community herpes is considered nothing more than a nuiescence skin condition. It doesn't cause cancer or any other long term life threatening conditions. Things the standard STD panel test for can cause serious medical problems if not treated in a timely manner. Up until the late 1970's there was not a stigma in regards to herpes. When effective antivirals were developed big pharma created the stigma through some well placed news articles that made herpes out to be a hideous scourge. There in lies the reason herpes has been turned into the mountain out of the ant hill it actually is.

WCSDancer2010 has a blog at this link http://supporttruthanddialog.com/ I highly recommend it for people just getting diagnosed.

Thank you for your response.

You know, I do all the things--in terms of diet--that you're not supposed to do. I practically mainline cacao in powder and chocolate candy form. I use artificial sweeteners like there is no tomorrow--including in my chocolate bars--and drink caffeine daily. Starbucks in a French press, so it's pretty potent. I even take an amino acid supplement every day (I'm vegan and work out) that I mix myself whose recipe calls 75% or so arginine. (The rest is a mix of other amino acids.) I also drink protein powder drinks like every day. All these things are supposed to bring on the outbreaks....yet I have never had one (that I'm aware of).

This is a serious W.T.F.