• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H or just potential H

The first doctor I saw said that because I don't have any sores - just a sore urethra and now a tingling sensation along my inner thighs - that I don't have H. I requested and received a battery of STI blood tests and urine analysis. When I returned for my results - all negative - I was surprised that H hadn't been included in these tests even though I reported exposure. I asked a second doctor for an H blood test and - again given that I don't have sores - he joked that I was a hypochondriac and explained that without sores one cannot be said to have H regardless of what lurks in their root ganglion. He further went on to say that if he knew had H in his root ganglion but never displayed sores he would not disclose this to any sexual partners. Essentially, his argument was that if you don't display symptoms then you don't have H just its potential. But, am I not contagious even if I don't get sores just a sore urethra and a mild tingling along my thighs?

I would get an igg blood test done at a lab (quest diagnostics) or (anylabtestnow) to confirm if you have it or not...I have extremely mild symptoms (just found out I had it Bc I did a blood test) but if I hadn't I would have never known! So basically just Bc you don't have symptoms doesn't mean you don't have it! :)