• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How often do you have an out break? What do you think set it off? How long have you had it?

Hey guys we first time on here for me, yes it's sucks a fat one having H , I have had it for about 20years. Thinking I got it from my ex wife her boy friend before me had it that's the only connection I can think of leaned to life with it . Sometimes I can go for a year with out getting it sometimes it's has been every few months, it can be bad or not to bad.the first few years when I got it I thought I was dying it was that bad .not its just part of me and can get though it ok. My main cause of an out break is stress, but feel it may be diet related .

It's strange the feeling I have before an outbreak all most charge me as a person just for a short time.

I haven't been on this site in 2 years. No outbreaks that entire time. I forget I have it until I feel it. So, here I am having an outbreak. It's in a different spot and I woke up this morning with tenderness and swelling in my groin area on the same side as the outbreak. I have a lot of muscular problems unrelated and at first I thought what is this new hell. Then I pieced it together. Swelling, redness, infection, lymph node, herpes!!! That's what led me back here and apparently this is normal. I've been on Valtrex and decided to take a break. I'm under a lot of stress with a cross country move, quitting my job, my boyfriend already moved, I've been getting other viruses like bronchitis for 2 months. It's a wonder I'm mentally and emotionally sane but my body is taking a hit. Not even 24 hours off Valtrex and I felt the outbreak. Did I mention I'm also starting my menstrual cycle, another outbreak trigger. Makes me wonder if I would have had an outbreak regardless of stopping the Valtrex. Thanks for reading. I needed to share. I love this site so much. It has helped me tremendously on this journey. ❤

I haven't been on this site in 2 years. No outbreaks that entire time. I forget I have it until I feel it. So, here I am having an outbreak. It's in a different spot and I woke up this morning with tenderness and swelling in my groin area on the same side as the outbreak. I have a lot of muscular problems unrelated and at first I thought what is this new hell. Then I pieced it together. Swelling, redness, infection, lymph node, herpes!!! That's what led me back here and apparently this is normal. I've been on Valtrex and decided to take a break. I'm under a lot of stress with a cross country move, quitting my job, my boyfriend already moved, I've been getting other viruses like bronchitis for 2 months. It's a wonder I'm mentally and emotionally sane but my body is taking a hit. Not even 24 hours off Valtrex and I felt the outbreak. Did I mention I'm also starting my menstrual cycle, another outbreak trigger. Makes me wonder if I would have had an outbreak regardless of stopping the Valtrex. Thanks for reading. I needed to share. I love this site so much. It has helped me tremendously on this journey. ❤

Hi thanks for sharing your story it's really good to read that we aren't the only ones that has this in our lives , good luck with your move and hoping your feeling better soon,it's not nice and could only imagine how extra bad it would be for you on top of getting your period .take care.