• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How to Disclose in College

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 about 7 months ago. I ended things with the guy who I was with at the time (for reasons not related to HSV) and I have had difficulty coming to terms since. I am a sophomore in college and find it difficult due to the emphasis on casual sex and hookup culture. I am not into that; however, it makes things difficult when it comes to disclosing. I have recently been seeing a guy casually and am afraid that he will eventually want to turn it into a relationship. I am terrified to let him know about my HSV because I feel like any college guy near my age is not ready for that kind of commitment. I am a very confident and open person yet I feel so vulnerable when it comes to my HSV. How can I disclose it to him in a way that proves that it is the stigma around HSV that makes it seem so terrifying? I fear rejection, especially because he is friends with a lot of my friends and I do not want them finding out the reason why.