• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help! Just diagnosed

My partner was asymptomatic and passed the virus to me. My first outbreak was AWFUL. I just finished 10 days of valtrex yesterday. I have no more blisters but there's some tightness when I pee. Is it okay to have sex again? Will it be painful? Will it cause a new outbreak? How soon will I get another outbreak? What can I do to avoid it? I'm so scared. I'm only 22, feel like I'll never be normal again. I already eat extremely healthy, exercise every day, and am on mood stabilizers for bipolar so I'm scared the stress will give me constant outbreaks. I'm never not stressed. I ordered lysine tablets to start taking, any success with those? Should I start suppressive valtrex now? Sorry for the overload, just have no one to talk to about these things. Thanks ❤

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone, I've got genital herpes 4 months back. I've been on aciclovir for past 4 months. I've stopped aciclovir now. But, I fell exhausted now. N suffering from upset stomach and loss of appetite. Please, help me guys. I am suffering from much mental trauma. Pls help me out.

Lv u!!!

Are you thinking loss of appetite and being exhausted is from acyclovir? You could try one of the other meds. I'm not sure I've heard of those side effects from acyclovir. Just keep educating yourself and maybe find a Herpes buddy in your area through this site to help you through the rough times. It gets much better in time for most. I don't even think about it after 35 + years except helping out here. I am completely not bothered by it one bit. However, I do remember feeling down about it when I first acquired it. After you have a good disclosure, it will change how you feel. Just be good to yourself and know you are awesome!

Katidid, I could use some guidance as well...I just got diagnosed a week ago and had my primary outbreak (very mild) thank God. My dilemma is telling my boyfriend of 6 months to go get tested. We've been having sex with unprotected the entire time we have been together because I have not had any symptoms. I don't believe this came from him. I think it came from an ex...he hasn't had any symptoms that I know of but I'm terrified to tell him because I don't want him to experience this state of depression I'm in. And I don't want him to be in any pain. Advice?

What makes you think your bf didn't have this unknowingly and gave it to you?? It's very possible. Nonetheless, you have to tell him. Hopefully, he will handle it well enough. You might tell him and it might bring about an "oh crap" I thought this rash I've had in the past was jock itch! It's happened many times. Then as you say, it could have come from your ex. You just need to pick a good time and tell your bf. He may be very supportive, caring and understanding :)